I’ve officially been food blogging for two months.
In that two months, I’ve made and eaten some slammin’ food. (And conversely, some not so slammin’ food)
I’ve taken hundreds of pictures of food, including some photos at restaurants, for which, I always get strange looks from fellow patrons. Hello? Don’t judge random eater. I’m not snapping photos of you chewing with your mouth open. And I’m not taking secret pictures of the too-grabby couple in the corner (except for that one time). It’s about the food!
I’ve spent countless hours writing and blogging and obsessing. I’ve spent so much time here, I no longer have time to do the other things I love…like reading, or sitting, or sleeping.
I’ve inserted my foot into social networking. Dudes, Twitter is addicting, yo. And time consuming. And difficult to keep up with. The other day I learned how to retweet AND add a comment…in the SAME tweet. Also, being limited to 140 characters is a challenge, for someone such as myself, who is wordy and tends to drone on and on and on and on…
I’ve learned a lot. I’m still learning. And I’m trying to get better every day.
I simply love sharing my love for the kitchen. I make and eat what I like. I don’t want to be pigeon-holed as a “Mexican home cook”, or a baker, or any other culinary label. My tastes are diverse and I hope that comes across to all of you.
I appreciate the feedback and comments I receive on my blog. I’m tellin’ y’all, receiving a blog comment is like getting a foodie gold star on your homework. It is AWESOME. And I love hearing from all of you. Makes this li’l home chef’s heart go pitter-patter.
How fitting that, on my two-month bloggiversary, I received a nice little e-mail from a fellow blogger giving me a little food blog love.
Amrita from Beetle’s Kitchen Escapades is one of my favorite food bloggers. She is sweet, she’s spunky, she’s funny and her cooking exudes love! I just adore this lady! I’m proud to call her my foodie friend. Please make sure you check out her food blog, if you haven’t yet done so. She’s got the “it” factor that you so rarely see in the blog world!
I’m sure that Amrita didn’t know it was my bloggiversary, but she gave me a present or two anyways.
She passed along two very cool blog awards in my direction:
The Versatile Blogger Award AND
The Kreativ Blogger Award!
Both of these babies are given BY bloggers TO bloggers as a little way of recognizing and appreciating the dedication that it takes to crank out a blog.
However, these blog awards don’t just come with recognition. They come with a bit of responsibility as well, if the blog recipient so chooses. You can choose to receive and appreciate your awards, simply admiring them. Or you can pass them along and have a bit of fun along the way.
There are a few blogs I’d love to recognize, so I’m going to have a bit of fun with these babies AND I’m going to pass the love along. To those whom I share the bloggy love with, please don’t feel an obligation to participate. This is simply my way of acknowledging you and what YOU do. Or, if you so choose, here’s a few rules to run with:
- Pass the recognition along, y’all! You can spread the bloggy love to up to six other blogs of your choice.
- Link to the blogger that gave you the award (Me)!
- Let the people you’ve passed the bloggy love to know that you’ve given them a little somethin’, somethin’…
- List 10 random/funny facts about yourself.
- And as Amrita suggested when she passed the bloggy love in my direction, shmooze yourself a bit in the mirror for a job well done.
Without further ado, here are 10 things you probably never needed/wanted to know about Jen here at Juanita’s Cocina:
1. I’m short. Really short. 4’11″ short. When we graduated from Junior High, they lined us up by height to walk into the auditorium, from shortest to tallest. Guess who was #1?
2. There’s been times in my life where I have eaten nothing but Skittles for dinner.
3. I’m a Disney-freak. My entire family is comprised of nothing but Disney freaks. We travel to Disney at least once a year, staying on Disney property, enjoying everything that Disney has to offer. We love Disney so much that we honeymooned there after we married last summer. Disney fawned over us like we were Royals. It’s something I’ll never forget!
4. Related to #3, my favorite Disney movie is “Mary Poppins”.
5. Related to #4, my favorite movie EVER is “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” and it is my dream to actually have breakfast at Tiffany’s someday.
6. I played competitive soccer when I was younger. Girls are mean. I can’t tell you how many hair-pulling episodes and fist-fights I’ve seen on a soccer field. The best competitive experience I had was when we had the opportunity to participate in an International soccer tournament. We played a team from Norway! Those girls were tall. I could practically run between their legs.
7. I don’t like chocolate. I’ll eat it occasionally. But it’s not something I really enjoy. I think it tastes like dirt.
8. I also don’t like meat on a bone. The mere thought of biting into a bone makes me wants to gag.
9. I’m obsessed with clean counters. If you leave a spare crumb on my counter, I will hunt you down like a rabid dog.
10. I would sell my soul for a Diet Coke.
So, there ya’ have it. 10 random Jen facts.
I have chosen to pass these two awards on to three of my favorite food bloggers. I hope you guys have a chance to stop by their blogs and see all of the wonderful things they have to offer, both in food and in utter fabulosity! (I really wish fabulosity was a real word…)
I hope you three know I adore your blogs, your food and how hard you work at what you do!