The Liebster Blog Award is an award given to bloggers, by other bloggers. The idea behind the award is to spread the bloggy love from one blog to another, and to recognize new, small and upcoming blogs. It’s a virtual karma-share, so-to-speak.
“Liebster” is a word that is German in origin, and whose meaning translates to “dearest” or “favorite”.
Being given the Liebster Blog Award is akin in the blog-world to saying, “Hey you! You’re one of my favorites! Now everyone that reads my groovy blog, go read this person’s groovy blog too!”
Imagine my surprise when my in-box dinged and Averil from The Cook, The Baker and the Clay Boy Maker, had chosen li’l ol’ me as a recipient of the Liebster Blog Award.
Averil, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, and am extremely excited that you chose to spread some bloggy-love my way. I hope I do you justice when I spread karma in yet another direction.
For those of you that aren’t familiar with Averil and her work, please note Exhibit A: Strawberry Muffins as well as Exhibit B: Spicy Minced Chicken Buns (which are probably going to be a Super Bowl food in this house).
And now, in the tradition of the Liebster Blog Award, I will be passing the karma in the direction of 5 more of my favorite and deserving food blogs. I hope the 5 of you have a little smile today, and that you have fun spreading more bloggy love.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog!
2. Link back to the blogger who presented you with your Liebster!
3. Copy and paste the award onto your blog!
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 more blogs with 200 followers or less, who you feel are deserving of a bit of extra recognition.
5. Let your recipients know they have been chosen by leaving them a comment on their blog.
And now, without further ado, the five foodies that I have chosen to recognize are (cue the band music here):
1. Kristin @ Baker Bettie. Her tagline is, “Get busy with me in the Kitchen.” Read and enjoy, my friends.
2. Aimee @ See Aimee Cook. Aimee is a wonderful friend of mine, who inspired me to venture into the food-blogging world. Plus, she’s sweet as pie. And she eats good food.
3. Katherine @ Eggton. I’m new to Katherine’s site, but no other food blog has excited me more than hers. Mixing funny and food? Puh-lease. She’s a genius!
4. Julia @ Must Come Hungry. Oh my. I could just dissolve in Julia’s photos. I know you will too!
5. Chris @ My Mother’s Daughter. Chris cooks for the same reasons I do, because she loves it and cooking feeds her family in many different ways. I find her photographs and blog to be immensely beautiful!
There ya’ have. My five foodies that deserve recognition for bringing something new, real and delicious into my life! I hope you enjoy spreading the love as much as I have.
And once again, thanks to Averil for recognizing me here at Juanita’s Cocina. It’s officially my one-month blog birthday today. And I couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate.
Well, except for a bloody mary. Because celebrations always need a bloody mary.